Monday

LIVE YOUR LEGACY

As we walk through our time on Earth, there is much to see, hear, feel, experience, and, to do. We are not just here for the time being, we are here to leave our footprints upon the sands of life. We are here to leave a legacy, regardless of the level of impact it seems that we have made...

It should be taught from early on that we should develop that we can leave a legacy of merit and substance. Without knowing about such, by the time we catch on, our legacy could lack or it might be incomplete. That is not to say that we should live to leave a legacy, it is to say that we should live in such a way that our legacy is memorable, one of information and wisdom that someone else might learn or pattern their life after ours. We should be an example for others to see. We should have some special substance for others to remark upon after we are gone...

It took me years to realize that reputation is imperative to life. You cannot go through life with a bad reputation and expect to make it. Well, there are those who make it with a tainted reputation, but, they are not making it the way they could be... Notice I did not say should be; that is not for anyone else to decide; it is an individual choice, I merely mention this as some of the ones who live through their time with bad reputations have so much more to offer the world, and, they have neglected to see that someone might have benefited from the good side of them. Though still, someone might benefit from their bad selves in deciding that this is not the way to go...

My life began on a bad track. It was my birth right. I followed that track for a while until I saw that it was not productive, nor was it the kind of heritage that I deserved, or wanted. I changed my path real quick, learning love of self and love of the world. Since that time I have made it my mission to spread the knowledge learned along the many avenues of the streets from whence I came, and, to spread the love of God, myself, and, the love of love itself...

Life in the streets is many, many things, but, healthy is not one of them. There are so many dark elements out there on the streets, and, having been a child of the streets was not a good thing. Or was it? Did I not learn from the darkness? Did I not learn from the coldness, the boldness, the outright wickedness? Did I not learn the meaning of love from lack of it? Did I not understand that this was not what life was intended to be? Did I not find that the practices of street life are demeaning and damaging to the body, mind, and soul? Did I not arise with vision, purpose, integrity, respect, and, love to walk in the way of the righteous? Did I not learn to fore go prejudice and bias because of my lessons out there? Did I not grow into a fully functioning, responsible and caring, compassionate woman?

Yes, to all of the above. But, I was fortunate to be able to see through the darkness, I was given the vision of the light. No one saved me, God and myself saved me. Anyone else could have cared less if I lived there forever, and, that is fine, for that is how it was, but, not how it is now...

Remember, all you do in life is part of your legacy. It is important that you care what kind of message you wish to leave those who will notice that you are no longer of this life on Earth. Be aware of all that you give, and, take not of those who do not wish to give or share...

No comments: