Thursday

MINING FOR COAL, A CHEAP AND DANGEROUS ENERGY SOURCE AND THE CONSEQUENCES MINERS FACE

I am so upset about all of the mining tragedies throughout the world. The one in China which was filled with water, the one in West Virginia, and, now, in Utah...

I cannot figure out why these people are not given tracking devices. Someone told me that it might not work from that far beneath the Earth, but, I say, hey, they can send a signal to and from Mars in 3 seconds flat, but, they cannot make a safety tracker for these people whose jobs are extremely dangerous in more ways than one? What does that say about caring for employees or people for that matter?

Coal is dangerous to the environment and to remove it all from the Earth is also dangerous. The Earth needs the carbide from coal for various reasons. I cannot believe after all of these centuries of mining it, that it has not been eliminated entirely...

Miner owners really bother me. It is like these poor people who take on this kind of work are expendable. I do not like that attitude from any employer, and, when someones life is on the line, day after day, I like it even less...

It is all about money, of course. Still, if you were really worried about money, you would be using some of that money to ensure that there would be no tragedy, which will end up costing you in more ways than one... Mines should be better built, better maintained, better monitored, and, they should have the highest safety measures in place, both in congressional and public terms...

I feel that there are measures which could be taken to prevent loss of life in this venue. Of course, no one will listen to me, still, I have the urge to speak of it.

Miners also suffer from respiratory dangers, which could be more safeguarded as well. I understand from a business man's point of view about expenditures, but, from a human point of view, you would think that respect of another persons life would be foremost...

My heart goes out to these people and their families. May God be with them, and, may they be rescued. They are drilling as I write this, and, I am hopeful, but, it has been maybe one too many days...

4 comments:

RC said...

i posted some similar thoughts this evening on mining, i think you'd enjoy checking them out at my blog.

my wife mentioned the same thing about the GPS trackers. the put trackers like that even on many school buses now...the technology is so affordable. huh? it's sad. really sad.

Lynda said...

I just read your post... great one... it is just too sad isn't it... what a world in which we live... blessings and peace, and, thanks for stopping by my humble and new blog...

Anonymous said...

Oh Lyn...great post, as I wipe away a tear...I don't feel they should be mining coal at all. Burning coal is what got our environment into the mess it is in!

Lynda said...

Yes Zephyr, they should NOT be mining coal, it is so wrong, and, it is all cash motivated... me too, I cry for this kind of senselessness... be of peace, one day, the world will arise against the capitalists who care not....