Wednesday

I LOVE MUSIC, ALMOST ANY KIND OF MUSIC

Music, almost any kind of music... Yeah, baby! I love music like few who exist. Music is my alternate source of life. It can be the touching hands which calm me, or the foot which can kick start me. Music is the ultimate high for me...

I graduated with vocal awards. I love to sing. But, I cannot sing anymore, well, I can, but, no one wants to hear it... Ha! Too much life took my voice with it... Long, long story, but, it is true; too much living robbed me of my agile voice...

When I was young, I could not get enough of music. I would rather listen to music than most other things. Life was good when music was blasting out its hypnotic beat and melodies for me...

Many of my friends are and always have been musicians. Musicians are a breed of different souls. Keyboard/vocal musicians are like, way different than say, guitar players or drummers. Did you know that most drummers cannot dance? How odd is that? They are the pulse of music and off the drums they have no real rhythm. Of course, that leads me to another instance about musicians: many of them do not listen to much music when they are not practicing or playing. Hmmmm, I was really blown away by this, though, as a few told me, when they are not playing, it is down time. Of course, there are many who do listen to music, party, and, get down with it, but, I am speaking of those who do not...

I have a difficult time being anywhere where there is no music. I need it. Especially if you go to a party. How could you throw a party with no music? I was at one in July, and, it was difficult to maintain and to keep my mouth shut. Usually I am very open with my queries, but, this time, managed to keep it to myself. It is just very strange to me; very strange...

I know one thing, I am going to learn the piano before I leave this Earth. I started to learn when I was in Middle School, but, it was boring to sit there and try to do what the teacher required of me. I was not ready. Now I am. I have really small hands, and, it was difficult to reach all the chords, but, now, I will teach myself in a way where I can overcome that problem...

One of my favorite voices of all time is Dennis De Young of Styx. Oh Lord, what a range, what power, what feeling, what diversity lives in his throat. Another is Steve Perry, who like me, lived too much, and, lost most of his voice... There are like thousands of people who make me melt with their sound or their voices, and, none is better than the rest, though, each is unique, which is what inspires me to have an open ear for all kinds of music. Of course, there are those types of music I can do without, such as cultural music (although it is an important music, I just can't take much of it), but, for the most part, I love music, almost any kind of music, and, I just can't imagine life without it...

No comments: