Monday

MAINTAINING LOVE; THE ANCHOR IN OUR STORMS OF LOSS

Death. A subject we avoid. A subject we detest. A subject which surely will come to pass...

We are not very accepting of death. We do not want to let go of life, and, we are even less willing to let go of those near to us...

It is a vicious cycle which we are born into. At least that is how most people view it. Still, it is the one surest aspect of this life; it is going to end!

I have attempted to bring my daughter up to accept death, especially my death, as, it is one of the hardest things to face; the loss of your parent. We had many discussions about life and death in our times, and, while I am sure that some of it has made it through, she is still not willing to accept that one day I will be gone. This is the only part of death which bothers me. That those we leave behind are so non accepting and therefore, so pained.

I do not like to see anyone suffering; not anyone, especially my own child. How can I teach her that it is not personal? How can I convince her that this too, is part of my existence, part of my purpose on Earth? How can I make her understand that in the matter of death, we have not one choice. We have to go; it is just what it is...

This is why it is so imperative to embrace life and the living. This is why it is imperative to spread and share all the love we have within. That when death arrives, we have the loving memories to warm us, guide us, and, fill us in our loneliest and most grieving hours... We must learn to grab onto the opportunities of the now that we have something to anchor us in the storms of loss...

No comments: