Monday

OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND

"Out of sight, out of mind". This is one of the most perplexing human traits I have stumbled upon, and, I really don't get it....


People can tell you how much they like you, love you, admire you, and, if you are not around for a while, they have forgotten about you, or they place you on the back burner and act like strangers when you talk with them or see them again.... What is up with this?


I could never treat people like this. Of course there are those who have gone away for some time who were not so great to know in the first place, whom I would be less than warm with if I saw them, but, I am talking about people who made an impression or touched us. How could we not be the same with them as before?


I just don't get it. I have witnessed it all too much, either personally or in observation, and, it is confusing. I have asked people, "I thought you liked that person?" They will say, "Oh I do, but, they haven't been around in a while, and, well, you know how it is..." Actually, no, I do not know how it is, please, someone explain it to me. If I care about someone, I care about them always, unless they have created a problem, and, even then, I still care about them. Might not hang out with them but surely will yet care...


I hope one day I find the answer to this question as it really bugs me...

No comments: