Saturday

I AM NOT TAKING IN ENOUGH CALORIES TO BURN

I am very into health matters. I read, listen, study, and, learn all I can absorb about health and fitness...

I eat relatively well, am very conscious of what goes into my body, and, so forth. I have just discovered that I do not eat enough. This is very bad for the body. I am not hungry enough to eat more, and, I am lost about how to incorporate more calories, and, protein into my diet without having to eat all the time.

The thing about not eating enough calories, is that your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat, which means you couldn't lose a pound if you exercised all day long. I had been wondering why I was having such trouble, and, 2 fitness experts, and a nutritionist each told me what the problem is....

So, if you are like me, and, do not feel hungry enough to eat the required amount of food per day, stay with me as I attempt to uncover ways to meet the daily requirement.

I also read from a leading fitness instructor that if you are in starvation mode, you will need to kick up your calorie intake for a while until the body restores itself, and, then, cut back. I have heard that 1,400 to 1,600 calories is required for people such as myself, although, a nutritionist told me that it is more like 1,800 to 2,000...

That seems like a lot of food to me. But, I can see the necessity for it. You cannot burn calories if you are not taking enough in. Makes perfect sense, but, who knew?

I know I have to do something. I need to lose at least 10 lbs. and, it is not happening no matter what I do. In coming posts, I will reveal my efforts to find ways to fulfill my calorie intake without feeling overfed... This should be interesting and useful for many of us...

No comments: